Seven facts about bahrain you should know
- The King Fahd Causeway was officially opened in 1986.
- The Bahrain Flag was the world’s biggest in 2004, and was entered into the Guinness world record; It also entered the record books for the world’s largest simultaneous coin toss event!
- Bahrain is home to ‘The Tree of Life’ which is 400 years old and stands alone in the desert with no known sources of water.
- Bahrain has 2 UNESCO world heritage sites: The Qal’at Al Bahrain or the Bahrain fort and The Bahrain Pearling Trail in Al Muharraq.
- Bahrain hosted the first Grand Prix in the Middle East.
- Bahrain’s total area is 765 square kilometers, and is the third smallest nation in Asia.
- The grand Al Fateh Mosque is one of the world’s biggest mosques, and also includes the largest fiberglass dome in the world.